Injured? A Boca Raton Head Injuries Lawyer Can Help
Because trucks are so large and heavy, the forces involved in a truck accident are tremendous. As a result, they can result in very serious head injuries for the people involved – injuries that can require extensive medical treatment and often result in permanent disabilities. If you have suffered a head injury in a truck accident, a Boca Raton head injuries lawyer can help you get the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses and other losses.
Common Types of Head Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Truck accident victims can suffer a variety of serious injuries, many of which involve injuries to the head and brain. These injuries are very serious and require immediate medical attention. Some of the most common types of head injuries that truck accident victims suffer include the following:
- Skull fractures – a crack in the bones of the skull
- Concussions – an injury caused by sudden movement of the brain within the skull
- Subdural hematoma – blood pooling within the skull
- Brain hemorrhages – bleeding between the brain tissue and the skull or inside the brain tissue
- Diffuse axonal injuries – the tearing of nerve tissue due to the brain shifting or rotating within the skull
- Brain contusions – bruising on the brain
If you have suffered a head injury due to a truck accident, getting fair compensation is vital to getting the medical treatment you need. A Boca Raton head injuries lawyer can make sure you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Symptoms of a Head Injury
Head injuries are not always obvious and can be difficult to diagnose. One reason is that the symptoms are often subjective. Listen to your body and seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Persistent headaches
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Vomiting or nausea
- Slurred speech
- Blurred vision, limited dilation, or limited pupil movement
- Loss of consciousness
- Extreme drowsiness or fatigue
- Loss of coordination
- Swelling or pain in any part of your head
- Irritability and mood swings
Even if you declined medical treatment or were not previously diagnosed with a brain injury, seek follow-up treatment if you experience any of these symptoms. We recommend that you contact a Boca Raton head injuries lawyer to discuss your options if you are diagnosed with a head injury.
Your Treatment Options for a Head Injury
The treatment required will depend on the severity of your injury. A mild concussion, for example, may require only that you stay in bed and rest for a few days. Other brain injuries may require much more extensive treatment. The range of treatment options available includes the following:
- Bed rest
- Surgery to repair damage to the brain or skull
- Physical, occupational, and/or speech rehabilitation to restore cognitive and motor functions
Even a relatively minor head injury can result in thousands of dollars of medical bills. Working with an experienced Boca Raton head injuries lawyer is the best way to ensure that you can recover compensation for your medical expenses and other losses.
What a Boca Raton Head Injuries Lawyer Can Do for You
A Boca Raton head injuries lawyer can help with almost every aspect of your case so that you can focus on your recovery. It is important to note, however, that the decisions are always yours – your lawyer will provide you with the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family.
A Boca Raton head injuries lawyer can help in the following ways:
- They can compile and organize all of the documentation supporting your claim, including your medical bills
- They can submit your claim to the insurance company and handle all of the communication, including settlement negotiations
- If your claim cannot be settled, they can prepare the lawsuit and handle the litigation process
- Your lawyer can coordinate treatment, make arrangements for your vehicle, and make arrangements for your family while you are unable to care for them
At The Grife Law Firm, we’re focused on helping you overcome all of the challenges you are facing, not just the legal issues and financial difficulties.
Speak to a Boca Raton Head Injuries Lawyer at The Grife Law Firm
If you have suffered a head injury in a truck accident, you need someone on your side to make sure your rights and your future are fully protected. At The Grife Law Firm, we work with you side-by-side every step of the way until we have recovered fair compensation for you. To schedule a free consultation with a Boca Raton head injuries lawyer from our firm, call us at 561-998-0770 or contact us online to get started on putting your injury behind you.
Turn To A Boca Raton Truck Accidents and Head Injuries Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication