Talk to a Boca Raton Dump Truck Lawyer About Your Claim for Free
Dump trucks carry all types of materials to and from construction sites, and they are a common presence on our local roads. Unfortunately, they are a common danger on our local roads as well. Dump trucks present several risks for other motorists, and accidents involving dump trucks often result in serious, life-altering injuries.
If you have been seriously injured in an accident involving one of these trucks, you should speak with a Boca Raton dump truck lawyer promptly. The companies that manufacture and operate these trucks can be held liable for accident victims’ injuries in many cases. But, proving liability can be challenging, and it takes experienced legal representation to recover the financial compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Dump Truck Accidents
Proving liability for a dump truck accident (or any other truck accident) starts with determining why the accident happened. While dump truck accidents can have several causes, you must be able to prove the specific cause of your accident in order to file a claim for just compensation.
When you hire a Boca Raton dump truck lawyer at The Grife Law Firm to represent you, your lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation as soon as possible. During this investigation, your lawyer will look for evidence of common causes such as:
- Speeding and Other Forms of Reckless Driving – Speeding, running red lights, and other forms of reckless driving are dangerous under any circumstances. But, they are especially dangerous when the vehicle is a dump truck. Due to their immense weight, dump trucks are harder to control, and bad decisions can leave dump truck drivers unable to avoid serious accidents.
- Reversing with Inadequate Visibility – Many collisions involving dump trucks happen when the truck is in reverse. Dump truck drivers must ensure that they have adequate visibility when backing up, and, if they can’t see, they must use a spotter. Even at relatively low speeds, collisions involving reversing dump trucks can still result in serious injuries.
- Other Dump Truck Driving Errors – Along with driving and reversing recklessly, other dump truck driving errors can lead to serious accidents as well. Distracted driving, fatigued driving, merging without looking, and braking too harshly are all common causes of dangerous dump truck collisions.
- Overloading the Dump Truck – Like all commercial trucks, dump trucks have a maximum gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR). If a dump truck’s load exceeds its GVWR, this can compromise its safety and drivability, and it can prevent truck drivers from stopping in time to avoid a collision.
- Failing to Cover the Dump Truck’s Load – In some cases, dump truck accidents happen when material flies out of the top of the truck. All dump truck loads need to be adequately secured; and, when they aren’t, the companies that are responsible can be held liable for accident victims’ injuries. This is true even when an accident doesn’t involve a collision with the dump truck.
- Dump Truck Defects and Maintenance Issues – Defects and maintenance issues can also lead to dump truck accidents. Brake failures, tire blowouts and other similar types of issues can provide strong grounds for accident victims and their families to seek just compensation.
- Non-Truck-Related Factors – While most dump truck accidents involve truck-related factors, non-truck-related factors can also be to blame. From an issue with the road to another driver’s negligence, your Boca Raton dump truck lawyer may be able to pursue a claim on various other grounds as well.
While these are among the most common causes of dump truck accidents, these are by no means the only factors that can entitle accident victims and their families to just compensation. As your law firm, we will investigate all possible causes, and we will use our experience to ensure that we identify all available claims in your dump truck accident case.
Understanding the Complexity of Dump Truck Accident Cases
Regardless of the cause (or causes) of a dump truck accident, recovering just compensation is a complex process that requires experienced legal representation. The insurance companies will try to take advantage of you; and, to make sure this doesn’t happen, you need an experienced lawyer on your side. Your lawyer will be able to thoroughly address complex legal questions such as:
- Was the dump truck driver negligent? If so, is the driver’s negligence to blame for your injuries?
- Did another driver’s negligence cause (or contribute to causing) the accident?
- Is an issue with the dump truck itself to blame for your injuries? If so, did this issue exist when it left the factory, or is it the result of a faulty maintenance job or repair?
- Is an issue with the road to blame? If so, did the government build the road, or is a private contractor to blame?
- Is the company that owns the dump truck responsible for hiring an unqualified driver or failing to adequately maintain the truck?
These are just a handful of examples of the numerous questions your lawyer may need to answer. Your lawyer will answer these questions with your best interests in mind, and your lawyer will focus on maximizing your financial recovery. While the insurance companies are fighting to pay you as little as possible, your lawyer will be fighting to make sure you receive the full financial compensation you deserve.
Due to the legal complexities of dump truck accident cases, if you think you may have a claim (or don’t know and want to find out), you should speak with a lawyer promptly. You can get in touch with us 24/7, and we will arrange for you to speak with an experienced Boca Raton dump truck lawyer as soon as possible.
Speak with a Boca Raton Dump Truck Lawyer for Free
To speak with a Boca Raton dump truck attorney at The Grife Law Firm, call us at 561-998-0770 or request a confidential consultation online today. Your initial consultation is completely risk-free, and you pay nothing unless we help you recover just compensation.
Turn To A Boca Raton Dump Truck Accidents Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication