Boca Raton T-Bone Attorney for Truck Accident Victims and Their Families
T-bone accidents involving commercial trucks present life-threatening risks. Due to the size and weight of 18-wheelers and other large commercial trucks, the impact forces in these accidents are substantial, and drivers and passengers of “ordinary” vehicles have relatively little protection in side-impact collisions. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in one of these accidents, you should speak with a Boca Raton T-bone attorney promptly.
We represent truck accident victims and their families after T-bone accidents throughout South Florida. Regardless of what happened, if you are dealing with the aftermath of a serious and fatal accident, you owe it to yourself to learn about your legal rights. Truck accident victims and their families will be entitled to financial compensation in many cases, and learning about your legal rights is crucial for making smart decisions as you move forward.
Common Scenarios in T-Bone Accidents Involving Commercial Trucks
Due to their nature, T-bone accidents involving commercial trucks typically happen in three main scenarios. In all three of these scenarios, the truck driver (or potentially an issue with the truck itself) will usually be responsible for the collision:
- T-Bone Accidents at Stop Lights – Many T-bone accidents happen when truck drivers run red lights. Assuming that other drivers will wait for them to pass, truck drivers blow through intersections, often speeding up instead of slowing down. If another driver doesn’t notice the oncoming truck, this can lead to a severe T-bone accident.
- T–Bone Accidents at Intersections with Stop Signs – T-bone accidents often occur at intersections controlled by stop signs for similar reasons. Despite having a clear obligation to stop and yield the right of way, truck drivers frequently ignore stop signs—and put other motorists in harm’s way in the process.
- T-Bone Accidents When Crossing Multi-Lane Roads and Highways – T-bone accidents involving commercial trucks can also occur at crossings of multi-lane roads and highways. These accidents frequently involve truck drivers who are speeding, distracted or simply being reckless behind the wheel. If a truck driver doesn’t notice a vehicle crossing the road ahead, or if a truck driver pulls out in front of an approaching vehicle when it is too late for the approaching vehicle to stop, both of these mistakes can create life-threatening scenarios.
Common Causes of T-Bone Accidents Involving Commercial Trucks
Why are T-bone accidents involving commercial trucks so common? The short answer is that there are lots of factors that can lead to these accidents. If a truck driver makes a mistake or there is an issue with the truck itself, each of the scenarios discussed above can turn deadly in the blink of an eye. Some of the most common causes of T-bone accidents involving commercial trucks include:
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while drunk or high
- Driving while fatigued
- Failure to yield
- Hiring an inexperienced or unqualified truck driver
- Inadequate truck maintenance
- Ignoring red lights and stop signs
- Speeding (or driving too fast for the conditions)
- Truck brake and tire failures
- Truck overloading
Even these are just examples. When we investigate your (or your loved one’s) T-bone accident, we will examine all possible causes and identify all viable claims for compensation. We will then discuss your options with you and help you make informed decisions about asserting your legal rights.
Your Legal Rights After a Serious or Fatal T-Bone Truck Accident
What are your legal rights after a serious or fatal T-bone truck accident in Florida? While you have many rights under Florida law, some of your most important rights include:
1. The Right to Know What Happened
After a T-bone accident involving a commercial truck, you have the right to know what happened. You can (and should) hire an attorney to conduct a thorough investigation and determine if you have a claim for just compensation.
2. The Right to Hold the At-Fault Party (or Parties) Accountable
If the truck driver or an issue with the truck is to blame for the crash, you have the right to hold the at-fault party (or parties) accountable. Your attorney can file all available claims on your behalf, and your attorney can either negotiate a settlement or fight for just compensation in court if necessary.
3. The Right to Just Compensation for Your Financial Costs
Whether you were seriously injured in a T-bone truck accident or lost a loved one, you have the right to just compensation for your financial costs resulting from the accident. This includes both out-of-pocket costs (i.e., medical bills or funeral expenses) and loss of income or inheritance.
4. The Right to Just Compensation for Your Non-Financial Losses
Truck accident victims and their families are entitled to just compensation for their non-financial losses as well. These include (but are not limited to) pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of consortium, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment of life.
5. The Right to Hire an Attorney at No Out-of-Pocket Cost
You also have the right to hire an attorney at no out-of-pocket cost. At The Grife Law Firm, we handle all truck accident cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means our clients pay nothing unless we win. If we win, our legal fees are calculated as a percentage of our client’s settlement or verdict.
How Our Legal Team can Help
If you are dealing with the aftermath of a serious or fatal T-bone truck accident, it is important that you seek help as soon as possible. Once you engage our firm to represent you, our legal team will get to work immediately protecting and asserting your legal rights. Your Boca Raton T-bone attorney will fight for maximum compensation on your behalf; and, throughout the process, your attorney will help you make smart decisions and avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your financial recovery.
Speak with a Boca Raton T-Bone Attorney About Your Truck Accident Case for Free
To speak with a Boca Raton T-bone attorney about your truck accident case, contact us now for a free, no-obligation consultation. Call 561-998-0770 or tell us how we can reach you online to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Turn To A Boca Raton T-Bone Accidents Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication