Speak with a Boca Raton Brake Failure Attorney
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you may be wondering how it happened. The truck driver may have simply claimed that the accident was unavoidable because they simply could not stop in time. However, they may not have been able to stop in time because their braking system failed. If this happened in your case, you may be able to hold the driver or the trucking company liable for your injuries and other losses. A Boca Raton brake failure attorney can determine whether you might have a claim against the driver and the trucking company due to a failure in the truck’s braking system.
Causes of Brake Failure Accidents
Braking systems on large trucks are more prone to failure than on passenger vehicles for many reasons, including the many hours trucks spend on the road and the fact that they are often hauling very heavy loads. As a result, the brakes must be properly maintained to ensure that they are functioning properly. In addition, drivers who brake too often or too heavily instead of slowing down gradually can cause premature wear and failure. Overloading the truck can also lead to brake failure. Some additional causes of brake failures include the following:
- Damage to the air supply. Large trucks use air brakes that require a significant amount of air pressure. Leaks or other problems in the braking system’s air supply can lead to insufficient braking power and brake failures.
- Overheating. Brakes overheat for a variety of reasons including overbraking or excessive cargo weight. The braking system can fail when it overheats.
- Adjustment issues. Modern trucks have brake systems that are equipped with automatic brake adjusters. Improper manual adjustments to the braking system can ultimately compromise the components of the automatic adjusters. This can eventually lead to inadequate stopping power and complete brake failure.
It is unlikely that the driver or the trucking company will admit that the brakes failed on the truck. You will need to obtain evidence on your own that the brake failure led to the accident. This can be nearly impossible for a non-lawyer, but a Boca Raton brake failure attorney will know how to obtain the evidence you need.
How a Boca Raton Brake Failure Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured in a truck accident caused by a brake failure, you may be entitled to compensation. In order to prevail, however, you will need compelling evidence that the accident was caused by brake failure. A Boca Raton brake failure attorney from our firm will undertake a thorough investigation of your accident:
- We will perform a post-crash inspection to determine whether the brakes were poorly maintained or why they otherwise failed.
- We will obtain all electronic data related to your accident from the truck’s electronic logging device.
- We will obtain copies of the truck’s maintenance records.
- We will obtain the driver’s driving record and training history.
- We will reconstruct the accident, including working with accident reconstruction experts when necessary.
- We will obtain the truck’s cargo records to determine whether the truck was overloaded.
Talk to a Boca Raton Brake Failure Attorney Today
If you suspect that your truck accident was caused by a brake failure, you need to take immediate action in order to preserve the evidence you need to support your claim. Contact The Grife Law Firm – we can get started on your case today in order to build the strongest case possible. Call us today at 561-998-0770 to schedule a free consultation.
Turn To A Boca Raton Brake Failure Accidents Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication