Boca Raton Head-on Collision Lawyer
While trucks are dangerous in any type of accident, head-on collisions are among the most devastating types of truck accidents. If you have been injured in a head-on collision involving a truck, it is vital that you seek legal representation to protect your rights. A Boca Raton head-on collision lawyer can hold the truck driver and their employer accountable so that you can get fair compensation for your injuries and other losses.
Why Head-On Collisions Are So Devastating
In a head-on collision, one vehicle traveling in one direction strikes a vehicle heading in the opposite direction. At the point of impact, the forces involved are therefore multiplied. If two vehicles traveling 30 miles per hour are involved in a head-on collision, the force produced at the point of impact is the equivalent of driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour. As a result, head-on collisions at relatively slow speeds can cause very serious injuries as a result of the tremendous forces involved.
The hypothetical above with both vehicles traveling at 30 miles per hour assumes that both vehicles are approximately the same size and weight. In the context of a truck accident, both vehicles are definitely not the same size and weight – even “light” trucks tend to be much heavier and larger than the average passenger vehicle. A head-on collision can, therefore, produce catastrophic forces on the passenger vehicle and its occupants. This is why truck accidents caused by head-on collisions often result in very serious injuries and even death. A Boca Raton head-on collision lawyer can help you get the compensation you need to get your life back if you have been injured in a head-on collision with a truck.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions in Truck Accidents
Head-on collisions are almost always the result of negligence. With truck accidents, there are some unique causes to consider:
- Drowsy driving. Because they spend so many hours on the road, truck drivers are more likely to drive while drowsy than any other driver. As a result, they can nod off or even fall asleep and drift into the oncoming lane.
- Distracted driving. Truck drivers are as guilty of using their phones while driving as anyone else. However, they will also often eat and drink behind the wheel or take their hands off the wheel to use the radio or reach for other items in the cab. They can also be inattentive due to boredom or while daydreaming.
- Aggressive driving. Truck drivers are under intense pressure to make deliveries on time. As a result, they often drive aggressively by speeding, tailgating, and making unsafe lane changes that can result in a head-on collision.
- Weather conditions. Truck drivers often overestimate their truck’s ability to handle adverse weather conditions. They may pass when it is unsafe or swerve into the oncoming lane in order to avoid an accident. The end result is a head-on collision.
Unfortunately, people who are injured in head-on collisions with trucks are often unsure of what happened. An experienced Boca Raton head-on collision lawyer can determine what happened and prove why the driver and their employer should be held accountable.
Injuries Caused by Head-On Collisions
Because trucks are larger and heavier than the average passenger vehicle, drivers and their passengers often suffer severe injuries. Some of the most common injuries arising from head-on collisions include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Bone fractures
- Facial injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Crushing injuries
If you have been injured in a head-on collision, you are entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. A Boca Raton head-on collision lawyer can provide an estimate of what your claim is worth and then help you get fair compensation for your claim.
Talk to a Boca Raton Head-on Collision Lawyer at The Grife Law Firm to Discuss What We Can Do for You
Truck accident victims often feel lost and overwhelmed. At The Grife Law Firm, we know how you feel and we understand the challenges you face. We can help you with every aspect of your case – from coordinating your treatment to filing your claim with the insurance company. We will work with you side-by-side until your case is fully resolved. We will protect your rights and fight for fair compensation so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Get the help you need today by calling 561-998-0770 or completing our online contact form. We can schedule a free consultation to discuss your case, your rights, and your options.
Turn To A Boca Raton Head-On Collisions in Truck Accidents Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication