How a Boca Raton Big Rig Accidents Lawyer Can Help
Being involved in a big rig accident can be a traumatic experience, especially if you have suffered a serious injury. Truck accident claims are typically far more complex than people anticipate and getting fair compensation can be extremely challenging. To get the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, lost income, and other losses, consider working with an experienced Boca Raton big rig accidents lawyer.
Big Rig Accidents Are More Complex Than Private Passenger Vehicle Accidents
In a typical car accident case, identifying the cause of the accident is often fairly straightforward – you just need to prove how the other driver’s negligence led to the accident that caused your injuries. At that point, you can pursue a claim against the other driver for any losses you have suffered that are not covered by your insurance.
By contrast, determining the cause of a truck accident can be more complex. While plenty of accidents are caused by truck drivers speeding, driving while distracted, or otherwise driving negligently, there are many other common causes that are unique to truck accidents. Some of these causes include the following:
- Inadequate training and experience. Driving a big rig requires extensive training and sufficient experience in order to be able to drive the truck safely. Even though the driver has their CDL (commercial driver’s license) they may not have had sufficient training or experience necessary to operate their trucks safely. Trucking companies have a legal obligation to ensure that their drivers have the necessary skills and experience.
- Lack of supervision. Trucking companies also have a legal duty to supervise their drivers to make sure that they are obeying traffic laws and trucking regulations. Many companies use GPS devices to monitor their drivers, but many do not, and those who do often do not reprimand drivers for unsafe driving. Trucking companies should also make sure that they are routinely testing their drivers for drug and alcohol use. Not only should trucking companies take steps to ensure that their drivers are driving safely, but they should also take action when their drivers break the law.
- Negligent maintenance. Big rigs have intense maintenance needs as a result of the incredible number of hours they spend on the road. Drivers should conduct routine inspections of their big rigs before driving. Similarly, trucking companies should ensure that maintenance is conducted regularly and that their trucks are always in good working order. Failure to replace worn tires, maintain braking systems, inspect trailer hitch systems, or make other repairs can lead to catastrophic accidents.
- Driving while fatigued. Because they spend so much time on the road each day, truck drivers are far more likely to drive while fatigued than other drivers. Even if they are not falling asleep at the wheel, driving while fatigued can impair the driver’s focus and reflexes. Driving while fatigued is a very common cause of big rig accidents.
Of course, it is highly likely that you do not know what caused your accident – all you know is that it happened and you have been injured as a result. A Boca Raton big rig accidents lawyer can thoroughly investigate your accident, identify the cause, and help you build a strong case for compensation.
Unique Liability Concerns in Big Rig Accident Cases
In addition to their unique causes, another factor that makes big rig accidents complex is that you will most likely be pursuing a claim against the trucking company. The trucking company in your case will likely work closely with their legal team to protect themselves against claims. You should accordingly expect that they will either deny liability or seek to pay as little as possible. While it does mean that there is a deeper pool of assets available to satisfy your claim, it can complicate the claim process.
Another factor to consider is that many big rig accidents involve multiple vehicles. On impact, the truck may have caused a “chain reaction” where the first car struck by the truck strikes another vehicle, and so on. As a result, you may have several parties pursuing claims against the same driver and trucking company.
Lastly, there may be other parties that you need to pursue your claim against. For example, the truck may have been improperly loaded at the warehouse, or the accident was caused by a defective component on the truck. It may also be the case that another driver is at least partially at fault in causing the accident.
Successfully pursuing a claim is almost impossible for non-lawyers. Your best chance of getting the compensation you deserve is to work with an experienced Boca Raton big rig accidents attorney.
Big Rig Accidents Can Cause Very Serious Injuries
Big rig accidents can be catastrophic, especially those that occur at highway speed. The forces involved in a truck accident can be tremendous. Passenger vehicles can be crushed in a collision with a big rig. The violence of these accidents can result in fires and explosions, particularly when the truck is carrying flammable or otherwise hazardous materials. As a result, some of the most common injuries that big rig accident victims suffer include the following:
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Deep lacerations
- Head, neck, and brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
Many of these injuries will require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation that could cost thousands of dollars in medical expenses. Many accident victims will suffer permanent disabilities or limitations as a result of their injuries. For these reasons, it is vital that you get the compensation you deserve. A Boca Raton big rig accidents lawyer can fight for your right to fair compensation.
Injured in a Big Rig Accident? Talk to a Boca Raton Big Rig Accidents Attorney Today
If you have been injured in a truck accident, time is of the essence. The sooner you get a lawyer involved, the stronger your case will be. At The Grife Law Firm, our focus is on helping you get the compensation you need as quickly as possible. If you are in pain and don’t know what to do, give us a call to discuss your case and how we can help. Call us today at 561-998-0770 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation.
Turn To A Boca Raton Boca Raton Big Rig Accidents Lawyer Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication