Get Help from an Experienced Boca Raton T-Bone Accident Attorney
T-bone accidents are among the most dangerous of all vehicle collisions. These collisions often result in serious injuries, and tragically, they are fatal in some cases. If you or someone you love has been harmed or killed due to someone else’s negligence, it will be important to hire an experienced Boca Raton T-bone accident attorney to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Compensation awards in T-bone accident cases will often be substantial. While every case is unique (and there are no guarantees), Florida law entitles serious accident victims and grieving families to just compensation for all of their accident-related losses. From long-term medical costs to loss of income and emotional distress, these costs can be significant, and they are all losses a Boca Raton T-bone accident attorney can fight to recover on your behalf.
Common Causes of T-Bone Accidents
Recovering just compensation for a T-bone car accident starts with determining the cause of the crash. While the driver who initiates the collision will usually be at fault, you must be able to prove that the driver was at fault in order to recover the financial compensation you deserve. When you engage our firm to represent you, we will investigate the accident promptly, and we will work quickly to gather the evidence we need to prove liability.
Generally speaking, T-bone accidents should not happen. Yet, these accidents are far too common. They frequently result from factors such as:
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs – Most T-bone accidents happen in intersections, usually when a driver runs a red light or stop sign. Whether a driver intentionally or unintentionally enters an intersection without the right of way, the driver can be held liable in the event of a crash.
- Trying to “Beat” a Yellow Light – T-bone accidents can also happen when a driver tries to “beat” a yellow light, which effectively involves running a red. If a driver speeds up instead of slowing down, this can create an extremely dangerous situation with a high risk of a T-bone accident.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is a leading cause of all types of car accidents, including T-bone collisions. A driver who isn’t paying attention to the road may enter an intersection without the right of way and cause an accident without realizing the risk until it is too late.
- Drunk, Drugged or Fatigued Driving – Alcohol intoxication, drug use and fatigue can all cause similar driving impairment. If the driver who hit you (or your loved one) was driving under the influence or driving without adequate rest, we can use this to seek just compensation for your losses.
- Speeding – Speeding is a common driver-related factor in T-bone accidents as well. When drivers are going too fast, it is more difficult for them to stop, and this increases the risk that they will crash head-on into the side of another vehicle.
- Vehicle Defects and Maintenance Issues – Along with driver-related factors, vehicle-related factors can also be to blame for T-bone accidents. Brake defects, tire defects and other vehicle defects can all give rise to claims against the manufacturer. If an issue with a vehicle is the result of faulty service instead of a defect from the factory, then the shop or dealership that performed the work may be liable.
- Traffic Signal Defects, Missing Signage and Other Similar Factors – Finally, issues with the road can be responsible for T-bone accidents in some cases. If a traffic signal malfunctions, if signage is missing from intersections, or if any other similar type of issue leads to a crash, then recovering just compensation may involve filing a claim against the government.
How Drivers Can (and Should) Avoid T-Bone Collisions
Given all of these risks, how can (and should) drivers avoid T-bone collisions? In the vast majority of cases, drivers can avoid causing T-bone accidents simply by following the rules of the road. If they stop at all red lights and stop signs, obey the speed limit, pay attention to the task at hand, and properly maintain their vehicles, they will be able to avoid T-bone collisions in most circumstances.
Legal Considerations for Victims of T-Bone Accidents
Unfortunately, while drivers can (and should) avoid T-bone accidents in most circumstances, they often don’t. As a result, many drivers, passengers and families find themselves in need of an experienced Boca Raton T-bone accident attorney. T-bone accident victims have clear legal rights, and hiring an attorney is the first step on the road to recovery.
Here are some key legal considerations for victims of T-bone accidents:
- “No-Fault” Insurance – While Florida is a “no-fault” insurance state, due to the severity of most T-bone accidents, the state’s “no-fault” insurance limit typically won’t apply. If the at-fault driver has liability insurance, this means that you may be able to obtain full coverage under his or her policy.
- Additional Sources of Recovery – Along with the at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy, T-bone accident victims and their families may be able to obtain financial compensation from other sources as well.
- Full Compensation – If a negligent driver, defective vehicle or hazardous road condition is to blame for the accident, you are entitled to seek full compensation for your current and future financial and non-financial losses.
How a Boca Raton T-Bone Accident Attorney Can Help You
When you hire a Boca Raton T-bone accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm, your attorney will do everything possible to recover just compensation on your (or your family’s) behalf. From investigating the accident to negotiating a settlement (or going to court if necessary), asserting your legal rights is not easy. But it is extremely important, and you can maximize your chances of a full financial recovery with an experienced attorney on your side.
Discuss Your Case with a Boca Raton T-Bone Accident Attorney for Free
If you need to know more about asserting your legal rights after a T-bone accident in South Florida, we invite you to get in touch with us. Call 561-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation today.
Turn To A Boca Raton T-Bone Accidents Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication