Learn About Your Legal Rights from an Experienced Boca Raton SUV Rollover Lawyer
Rollover accidents can be extremely dangerous. While SUVs have gotten safer over the past couple of decades, they are still among the most dangerous vehicles on the road. According to data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), while single-vehicle rollover crashes account for about 16 percent of occupant deaths in cars, they account for about 27 percent of occupant deaths in SUVs.
Of course, even if an SUV rollover isn’t fatal, it can still have life-altering consequences. Non-fatal rollovers often result in catastrophic injuries, including spinal cord injuries (SCI) and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Both fatal and non-fatal accidents can lead to significant long-term costs—and these are costs that victims and their families will often be able to recover with the help of a Boca Raton SUV rollover lawyer.
Understanding the Dynamics (and Common Causes) of SUV Rollovers
Why are SUV rollovers so common—and what makes them so dangerous? The main reason why SUVs are more prone to rolling over than cars is their high center of gravity. While some manufacturers have worked to address this issue in recent years, many of the SUVs that are on the road today still have a center of gravity that is dangerously high. When these SUVs turn suddenly or get hit from the side, they can roll over—and potentially flip multiple times before finally coming to a stop.
With SUVs, rolling over is a concern not only in vehicle-on-vehicle collisions but also in single-vehicle accidents. This is because rollovers can result from several causes, including:
- Side-Impact Accidents – Side-impact accidents, including T-bone collisions, are among the most common causes of SUV rollovers. The force of a side-impact collision can easily cause many models of SUVs to roll over—potentially causing serious or fatal injuries to the occupants inside.
- Quarter Panel Accidents – Getting hit at an angle in the front or rear quarter panel can also cause an SUV to roll over. In these cases, it is not only the force of impact but also the SUV’s own momentum that causes it to flip onto its side.
- Swerving to Avoid a Collision – A collision isn’t necessary for an SUV rollover. In some cases, swerving to avoid a collision can be enough to tip the balance of an SUV with a high center of gravity. In these cases, the driver who caused the SUV driver to swerve may still be liable for the financial and non-financial consequences of the accident.
- Braking to Avoid a Collision – Braking to avoid a collision can have similar effects. Under harsh braking, a heavy SUV can begin to turn sideways, and this can lead to a rollover in some cases.
- Being “Tripped” By a Sidewalk or Curb – With or without a collision, an SUV can also roll over as a result of being “tripped” by a sidewalk or curb. If an SUV’s wheels stop suddenly, its momentum and top-heavy design can lead to a rollover accident.
Seat belt failures, airbag failures, unsafe SUV construction and various other issues can increase the risks of rollover accidents as well. When you hire a Boca Raton SUV rollover lawyer at The Grife Law Firm, your lawyer will investigate all of the potential factors involved in your (or your loved one’s) crash. Based on the outcome of this investigation, your lawyer will determine which claim (or claims) to file, and then your lawyer will work to recover maximum compensation on your behalf.
Common Consequences of SUV Rollover Accidents
Due to their nature SUV rollover accidents almost always result in serious or fatal injuries. We handle claims against negligent drivers, SUV manufacturers, government agencies and other parties in cases involving common consequences of rollover accidents such as:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI) (including injuries that result in paralysis)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful death
Regardless of what happened, if you or a loved one has been harmed in a rollover accident, you should speak with a Boca Raton SUV rollover lawyer promptly. You owe it to yourself to learn about your legal rights, and if you have a claim, you will need an experienced lawyer to fight for the financial compensation you and your family deserve.
Filing a Claim with the Help of a Boca Raton SUV Rollover Lawyer
What can (and should) you expect when you hire a Boca Raton SUV rollover lawyer to represent you? Here’s what to expect when you choose The Grife Law Firm to handle your claim:
1. We Will Clearly Explain Your Situation
We know that dealing with the aftermath of an SUV rollover can be frustrating, stressful and confusing. We will clearly explain your situation so you can start feeling in control and making smart decisions focused on protecting your legal rights.
2. We Will Tell You What to Do (and What Not to Do)
There are some important steps you need to take in the aftermath of an SUV rollover accident. There are also many costly mistakes you need to avoid. We will tell you what to do (and what not to do) while your case is pending.
3. We Will Conduct a Comprehensive Investigation
As soon as possible, we will conduct a comprehensive investigation. The focus of this investigation will be on determining all of the factors involved in the rollover so that we can clearly identify the responsible party or parties.
4. We Will Carefully Calculate the Total Costs of the Rollover
After a serious or fatal SUV rollover accident, the amount you are entitled to recover is based specifically on your financial and non-financial costs. We will carefully calculate these costs to ensure that we are seeking maximum compensation on your behalf.
5. We Will Work to Recover Just Compensation as Efficiently as Possible
Finally, we will work to recover just compensation for the accident as efficiently as possible. In many cases, this means negotiating an out-of-court settlement. However, we also take cases to trial when necessary, and we will help you make an informed choice about when (and whether) to settle.
Learn More From a Boca Raton SUV Rollover Lawyer in a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
To discuss your case with an experienced Boca Raton SUV rollover lawyer at The Grife Law Firm, contact us to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation. Call 561-998-0770 or send us your contact information online to get on the road to recovery today.
Turn To A Boca Raton SUV Rollover Accidents Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication