Get Help from a Boca Raton Driving Without a License Attorney
If someone is driving without a license, there is usually a reason why. Typically, this means that either they couldn’t get a license in the first place or they lost their license as a result of violating Florida’s traffic laws. As a result, unlicensed drivers tend to be dangerous, and they leave many people needing to file a claim with the help of a Boca Raton driving without a license attorney.
Were you injured in a car accident involving an unlicensed driver? If so, we can fight for the financial compensation you deserve. While these cases can present some unique challenges, it will still often be possible for victims to recover the just compensation. Your attorney at The Grife Law Firm will explore all options for recovering your losses, and your attorney will do everything possible to secure just compensation on your behalf.
Filing a Claim After an Accident Involving an Unlicensed Driver
One of the biggest challenges involved with filing a claim after an accident involving an unlicensed driver relates to the fact that unlicensed drivers also tend to be uninsured. Florida has one of the highest rates of uninsured drivers in the country. But, even if the unlicensed driver who hit you doesn’t have insurance, you may still have multiple options for pursuing a financial recovery. For example:
1. Filing a Claim Under Your (or a Family Member’s) Auto Insurance Policy
If you or a member of your household has auto insurance, you may be able to file a claim under your (or your family member’s) policy. In cases involving unlicensed (and uninsured) drivers, the primary options for recovering the costs of accident-related injuries include:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – PIP is “no-fault” insurance that you can use regardless of who was at fault in your car accident. This coverage is mandatory in Florida, and it helps cover accident victims’ medical expenses and lost wages.
- Uninsured Motorist (UM) – UM coverage isn’t mandatory in Florida, but it can be extremely beneficial if you have it. When you file a UM claim, you can seek coverage for all of the financial and non-financial costs of your collision.
- Stacking UM Coverage – If you (or a member of your household) has multiple vehicles with UM coverage, you may be able to “stack” these policies in order to increase the total coverage that is available to you.
If you (or your family member) have collision coverage, you can use this to get your car repaired or replaced as well. Your attorney at The Grife Law Firm will assist with obtaining all of the coverage to which you are legally entitled.
2. Filing a Claim for a Vehicle Defect or Maintenance Issue
Regardless of whether you have an auto insurance claim, you can also file a claim for a vehicle defect or maintenance issue if driver negligence wasn’t the only factor in your crash. Brake failures, tire failures and other similar types of issues can all give rise to claims for just compensation.
3. Filing a Claim for a Road Defect or Maintenance/ Issue
Issues with the road can give rise to claims for just compensation as well. When you hire a Boca Raton driving without a license attorney at The Grife Law Firm, your attorney will conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine if an issue with the road played a role in your crash. If so, your attorney may be able to file a claim against the government.
Protecting Your Rights and Maximizing Your Financial Recovery After an Accident Involving an Unlicensed Driver
Regardless of the claim (or claims) you are entitled to file, there are some important steps you need to take to protect your legal rights and maximize your financial recovery. For example, it will be important to take the following steps—among others—as soon as possible:
- Report the accident to the police (if you haven’t already)
- Seek treatment for your accident-related injuries (if you haven’t already)
- Write down your next doctor’s appointment date so you don’t miss it
- Write down everything you can remember about the accident
- Talk to a lawyer about your case
Speak with a Boca Raton Driving Without a License Attorney for Free
To discuss your case with an experienced Boca Raton driving without a license attorney at The Grife Law Firm, contact us today. Give us a call at 561-998-0770 or submit your case online to schedule your free initial consultation.
Turn To A Boca Raton Driving Without a License Accidents Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication