Boca Raton Head-On Collision Lawyer for Motorcycle Riders and Their Families
Head-on collisions can present extreme risks for motorcycle riders. Unlike drivers and passengers, motorcycle riders aren’t restrained by seat belts, and they aren’t protected by crumple zones and airbags. As a result, these collisions often leave riders with life-altering injuries, and, tragically, in some cases, they leave grieving families needing to hire a Boca Raton head-on collision lawyer to file a wrongful death claim.
Whether you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident involving a head-on collision, you should speak with a lawyer about your legal rights. If a negligent driver is to blame for your injuries or your loved one’s death, you and your family may be entitled to a significant auto insurance settlement. Injured riders and their families may have other types of claims as well, and an experienced Boca Raton head-on collision lawyer will be able to pursue all available claims in order to seek the maximum compensation available.
The Dangers and Consequences of Head-On Motorcycle Collisions
Each year, there are thousands of motorcycle accidents in Florida—including hundreds of accidents in Boca Raton and Palm Beach County. Many of these accidents involve head-on collisions between motorcycles and other vehicles. While many people assume that riders must be to blame in these accidents, the reality is that negligent drivers are at fault in the majority of cases. For example, some of the most common causes of head-on collisions involving motorcycles include:
- Aggressive driving
- Careless driving
- Distracted driving (i.e., texting behind the wheel)
- Driving while fatigued (or falling asleep behind the wheel)
- Drunk driving and drug-impaired driving
- Passing across the center line without looking for oncoming motorcycles
- Running red lights and starting to turn in front of ongoing motorcycles
Regardless of the speeds involved, these collisions frequently result in life-altering (or life-threatening) injuries. Common injuries in these collisions include:
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Severe bone fractures
- Severe soft tissue damage and nerve damage
- Loss of limbs
- Other serious disfiguring and disabling injuries
In some cases, factors other than driver negligence can cause (or contribute to causing) these injuries as well. For example, brake failures, tire blowouts and other similar types of issues can cause both drivers and riders to suddenly lose control. Helmet defects, road defects and other issues can also put riders at risk for serious or fatal trauma.
Legal Considerations for Filing a Claim After a Head-On Motorcycle Collision
Due to the seriousness of the consequences of head-on motorcycle collisions, it is extremely important that riders and their families take appropriate legal action. In many cases, this will involve filing an insurance claim. Unfortunately, even if you or your loved one is clearly a victim, you cannot expect the insurance companies to treat you fairly. Instead, you can expect the insurance companies to fight your claim by all means available, and you can expect them to do everything they can to pay you as little as possible.
How Our Legal Team Can Help
This is where having an experienced Boca Raton head-on collision lawyer comes into play. When you hire a lawyer at The Grife Law Firm to represent you, your lawyer (and our entire legal team) will fight tirelessly on your behalf. We are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and recovering maximum compensation for our clients’ injuries and losses. If you choose us to handle your head-on motorcycle collision case, we will:
- Promptly conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine what happened and who is responsible.
- Explain everything you need to know in order to avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your claim for just compensation.
- Work with you side-by-side to understand the long-term financial and non-financial costs of your catastrophic injuries or your loved one’s wrongful death.
- File all available claims on your behalf and negotiate to secure a favorable settlement that fairly compensates you and your family for what happened.
- Help you make informed decisions about when (and if) to settle, and take your head-on motorcycle collision case to court if necessary.
Discuss Your Legal Rights with a Boca Raton Head-On Collision Lawyer for Free
If you need to know more about how to protect your legal rights after a head-on motorcycle collision in South Florida, we invite you to get in touch. To speak with an experienced lawyer at our Boca Raton law offices as soon as possible, call 561-998-0770 or request a free consultation online now.
Turn To A Boca Raton Head-On Collisions Attorney At The Grife Law Firm
No Fees Unless You WinIf you have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions on the water, you should contact a Boca Raton boat accident attorney at The Grife Law Firm to find out more about your legal options. We assist injured individuals throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, including in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Call us at 855-998-0770 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We also are available to assist people who need a cruise ship accident attorney when they are injured on vacation.
We offer Free Consultations
Our Team is Spanish Speaking
Call Anytime, Available 24/7/365
Same Day Communication