Michael K. GrifePresident and Founding Attorney
Michael K. Grife, Esq., is the President and Founding Attorney of The Grife Law Firm. He formed the firm with one goal in mind: to provide an extraordinarily high level of legal representation for those who have been seriously injured or killed due to the negligence of others. Since 2005, Mr. Grife has worked exclusively for everyday people taking on insurance companies, medical personnel and big corporations whose carelessness has caused serious injury or death. Mr. Grife has participated in multi-million dollar litigation on behalf of his clients. He takes pride in providing zealous, aggressive yet highly ethical legal representation. Mr. Grife is a results-oriented attorney who works strategically to maximize his clients’ financial recoveries.
In passionately representing the injured, Mr. Grife has garnered recognition from his peers and legal organizations. He is a Life Member of the distinguished Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is limited only to those attorneys who have litigated as lead counsel a case that resolved for $2,000,000 or more. Mr. Grife was honored by his legal peers with the AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell peer review. The AV-Rating signifies that Mr. Grife places in the highest category for legal ethics and ability. He is also in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. Every year from 2013 through the present, Mr. Grife has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers, an honor that is bestowed on less than 3% of attorneys in the State. Mr. Grife is rated 10 out of 10 “Superb” by Avvo, the highest possible rating offered. Avvo has also given him the Clients’ Choice Award for overwhelmingly positive client feedback. Mr. Grife has been recognized as one of the “Best Attorneys of America” by Rue Ratings - an honor limited to less than 1% of attorneys. The National Trial Lawyers has named Mr. Grife for inclusion in its prominent "Top 100 Trial Lawyers". American Registry has named Mr. Grife as a "Top 1%" Most Honored Professional.
In prosecuting personal injury cases, Mr. Grife retains the finest experts in engineering, medicine and biomechanics to help ensure your best possible chance of victory. Mr. Grife’s goal is to even or reverse the playing field in your favor when taking on large corporations and powerful insurance companies. It is this sort of advantage that everyday injured people need to succeed in personal injury cases.Representative Cases
The following is a cross-section of cases that Mr. Grife has handled in his career:
- Catastrophic Medical Malpractice case for missed emergency room diagnosis leading to paralysis. In a hotly contested multi-year litigation, Mr. Grife was able to recover a lucrative 7-figure settlement for his client that will allow him to get the requisite care and assistance that he will need for the rest of his life.
- Wrongful death case involving the death of a 6-year-old girl in a motor vehicle collision. While Florida Highway Patrol and the Defendants blamed the victim’s mother, Mr. Grife’s rigorous investigation and tireless work revealed the negligence of another driver, thus ensuring a lucrative settlement.
- Traumatic Brain Injury suffered by a middle-aged man who was injured due to a hit-and-run car crash. After the man’s own insurance carrier blamed him for the crash, Mr. Grife took on the case and achieved a full UM policy limits tender ($500,000) and then successfully won an Errors and Omissions case against his insurance agent for failing to put UM coverage on his umbrella policy.
- Medical Malpractice case involving a patient who was involuntarily committed to a mental health facility. After the facility negligently allowed the patient to elope, he darted out into the street and was hit by a truck, suffering catastrophic injuries.
- A woman suffered nerve damage and herniated discs due to a slip and fall at a supermarket when the Defendant failed to properly maintain an ice merchandiser, causing the ice to melt and leak onto the floor.
- Pool drowning of an adult landscaper who fell into his customer’s dangerous and unsafe pool at a country club, leaving behind a widow and young son. Mr. Grife was able to recover a lucrative settlement for the victim’s family.
- Trucking crash/mutli-truck pileup with catastrophic injuries suffered by a Broward man on Alligator Alley due to loss of visibility from a brush fire.
- Broken femur with complex surgical repair due to a fall on a country club ramp that failed to comply with the building code and was dangerous.
It is Mr. Grife’s greatest professional pleasure in taking his clients from a position of great vulnerability to great strength. Whether you have been injured or lost a loved one due to the carelessness of another, Mr. Grife wants to make you whole or provide the very most compensation under the law to compensate you.
Dedication to the Profession and the Community
Mr. Grife has the passion, skill and determination to take even the most challenging cases through to conclusion. He has successfully litigated cases in all areas of personal injury, including:
- Car, Motorcycle, Truck and Other Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Cruise Ship Accidents
- Insurance Disputes
If you have suffered a personal injury caused by the negligent actions of another, please contact The Grife Law Firm today to schedule your free consultation. We serve clients in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Deerfield Beach, and throughout Florida.