Catherine C. DarlsonSenior Associate Attorney
Catherine C. Darlson is an experienced litigation and trial attorney who has spent her entire career exclusively representing victims injured by medical malpractice, car and truck accidents, unsafe premises and roads, and dangerous and defective products. In addition, she has handled complex commercial, class action, and insurance bad faith claims, and has represented individual whistleblowers in fraud claims against pharmaceutical and other corporations. She is committed to providing passionate, fearless, and creative representation, without compromise, and through her relentlessness and dedication has recovered millions of dollars for her injured clients and their families.
Her notable results include, among many others:
- $27 million product liability settlement for a toddler injured by a defective pressure cooker;
- $12.5 million product liability verdict for the widow of a deceased smoker;
- $7 million medical malpractice settlement for a brain injured victim of hospital negligence;
- $3.8 million wrongful death medical malpractice settlement for an undiagnosed heart attack;
- $3 million settlement for the family of a motorcyclist killed by a commercial vehicle.
Ms. Darlson's results have earned her numerous accolades, including:
- 2021 Member, Lawyers of Distinction (peer-nominated; admittance limited to 10% of attorneys nationwide)
- 2020 Winner - Top 10 Verdicts in Florida
- 2021 Best Lawyers in America - Ones to Watch - Product Liability Litigation
- 2020 Daily Business Review's Most Effective Lawyers - Personal Injury
- 2020 Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star
Ms. Darlson received her law degree with honors from the University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law in Gainesville, Florida, in 2014. While in law school, Ms. Darlson served as a teaching assistant in appellate advocacy and as a research assistant to two distinguished professors, for whom she performed academic research centered on whistleblowers, classified information leaks, and 8th Amendment jurisprudence. She interned with the Office of the Federal Public Defender in Jacksonville, Florida, and practiced law, including by conducting hearings and jury trials, as a Florida Bar-certified legal intern at the Office of the Public Defender for the 8th Judicial Circuit, Alachua County, Florida. She was also the recipient of the Book Award, given to the individual who achieves the highest grade in the class, in torts and labor law.
Prior to joining The Grife Law Firm as a Senior Associate Attorney in 2021, Ms. Darlson practiced for more than six years with a preeminent Fort Lauderdale trial law firm which specialized in litigating and trying catastrophic personal injury cases. She is admitted to practice law in California as well as Florida (including admissions to federal practice in Florida's Southern and Northern Districts). She is a native of Stuart, Florida, and lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
When you hire The Grife Law Firm, expect to receive top-flight representation from a highly skilled team of lawyers and paralegals. We are a boutique personal injury and medical malpractice firm exclusively representing the injured. Our client-centric, customized approach to the law will provide you with the aggressive, individualized care that you deserve. Our firm has been handling catastrophic injury cases since 2005. Each and every member of The Grife Law Firm is uniquely dedicated to battling for justice for the injured. See what sets us apart from the others by calling today for a free consultation. We are available for live meetings at our plush Boca Raton office or virtual conferences, both at your convenience